Transform your smile with Invisalign
Have you heard about the new ‘invisible brace’? If you have teeth that are crowded, too far apart or have shifted since wearing conventional braces, Invisalign® may give you a new reason to smile!
Invisalign is a unique orthodontic method that uses clear, plastic aligners to move your teeth into position. There’s not a brace to be seen. These aligners fit over your teeth like thin sports mouthguards and can be removed for eating, brushing and flossing. This means you can maintain better dental hygiene during treatment and you’ve got the flexibility to remove the aligners for special occasions.
The convenience and ease of use have made Invisalign the orthodontic treatment choice of over five million patients around the world.
How does it work?
Invisalign uses the latest advances in 3D computer technology. This technology enables our team to create a series of custom-made aligners. These aligners apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth, causing them to move.
Each set of aligners is worn for two weeks. After this period, you replace them with the next set in the series. Each aligner is moulded slightly differently to reflect the change in teeth position. Each week, the aligners move your teeth just that little bit closer to the desired position we’re aiming to achieve with treatment.
How long will
Invisalign® only works while you wear the aligners. We recommend they are worn full time day and night (min 22–24 hours). Treatment time will vary depending on your case, but the average Invisalign® patient wears their aligner for between nine and eighteen months. This is shorter than if you were to wear traditional braces.
Types of Invisalign
At Align & Smile Orthodontics, our team are qualified to treat patients with four different types of Invisalign aligners, depending on your teeth straightening needs:
- Invisalign Full: for complex orthodontic cases, Invisalign Full can be used to straighten teeth, achieving results in up to 18 months.
- Invisalign Teen: the version of Invisalign just for teens comes complete with a blue dot wear indicator so you can track how often your teen is wearing his or her aligners.
- Invisalign Lite: for minor orthodontic cases affecting the front six teeth, Invisalign Lite can straighten teeth within six months.
- Invisalign i7: Invisalign’s other fast treatment option, Invisalign i7 can fix minor orthodontic problems of the front six teeth in as little as three months.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign only works while you wear the aligners. We recommend they are worn full-time day and night (min 22–24 hours). Treatment time will vary depending on your case, but the average Invisalign patient wears their aligner for between nine and eighteen months. This is shorter than if you were to wear traditional braces.
- The virtually invisible aligners mean no one can tell you are wearing Invisalign.
- You can smile more during as well as after your treatment because no one can see the appliance.
- The removable aligners mean you can eat and drink what you like.
- Studies have shown Invisalign is better for your dental hygiene during treatment.
- With no metal or sharp edges, Invisalign is comfortable to wear and does not cause allergies.
Experience the Align &Smile Orthodontics difference. Book your free consultation with the team at Canary Wharf today and discover if Invisalign is right for you.